What is SCCP?
SCCP stands for Skinny Client Control Protocol . It is a lightweight , proprietary control and communication protocol originally developed by Selsius Systems and later taken over by Cisco Systems.It is a lightweight IP-Based protocol for Signalling with CUCM and CME for Cisco phones session signalling.
- It communicates on TCP 2000.
- It is a very light weight protocol with very simplified message structure.
- It is used with CUCM or CME.
- It requires provisioning devices and MAC address.
- SCCP supported phones are more on automatic mode compared to SIP supported phones.
- SCCP is used for communication between Cisco VoIP phones and Cisco Call Manager.
- SCCP uses UDP as the transport medium for its media path, because it is very good for real time traffic like VOIP traffic.
Related – SIP vs SCCP